Alliance for Rural Electrification (ARE) with the kind support of the African-EU Renewable Energy Cooperation Programme (RECP) is holding a free workshop “Talking business: Microfinance for decentralised renewables in Africa” on 9 October 2017 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
The workshop targets renewable energy companies & project developers, microfinance players (including investors, MFIs, researchers, banks, networks, governments, insurers, etc.) as well as the public sector interested in decentralised renewables in Africa.
The workshop is organised in conjunction with the African Microfinance Week (SAM), taking place on 9-13 October 2017 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
The programme will feature presentations & discussions on:
- The business case for microfinanciers: Why and how microfinance players should invest in decentralised renewables in Africa
- Panel discussion on the experiences of microfinance players and decentralised RE companies
- Pitches from decentralized RE and microfinance players to present their products and explain what type of projects/partners they are looking for
- Services and activities offered by RECP and ARE for investors/financiers and project developers interested in venturing into Africa’s renewable energy markets
To participate in the workshop, kindly register for both the side event “Talking business: Microfinance for decentralised renewables in Africa”, as well as, the African Microfinance Week (SAM).
- For registration to the side event “Talking business: Microfinance for decentralised renewables in Africa”, please click here.
- For registration to the African Microfinance Week, please click here.
- Additional logistical information can be found here.
Photo: Photo: John Hogg / World Bank