AFOLU CoP Relaunches, with Focus on Livestock Sector in Africa
The Africa LEDS Partnership is proud to relaunch its Agriculture, Forestry and Land Use (AFOLU) CoP in collaboration with the AFOLU Working Group and UNIQUE forestry and land use. The CoP will initially cover learning and technical collaboration related to common topics and challenges in the livestock sector in Africa.
To this end we are inviting expressions of interest from members who would like to participate in the CoP by self-nominating or nominating suitable persons (along with their contact details and approval) from national and sub-national government agencies, private sector, academia, NGOs and/or international organizations working on AFOLU topics in Africa.
As the nature of CoPs is demand-driven and highly participatory, we are encouraging interested parties to formulate specific needs and demands for priority topics under this CoP related to for example:
- Integrating livestock and climate change policies
- Accounting and emission factors for GHG and NDC reporting
- Rangeland management, with a view to mitigation and adaptation
- Addressing enteric methane emissions
- Strategies for small-scale producers and large-scale commercial production
The CoP with take a two-stream approach to the work in 2020:
- Stream 1: will focus on polices & governance, including options and needs for a more effective integration of livestock actions into their NDCs, LTS and other implementation strategies and action plans; and
- Stream 2: will focus on technical challenges & implementation, i.e. innovative approaches and upscaling proven solutions for specific implementation bottlenecks.
Interested parties are requested to complete this Google form to submit nominations and indicate specific topic/s of interest related to the livestock sector. Please refer to the Africa AFOLU CoP concept note for additional information, or feel free to write to us if you have any questions or need additional information.